Thursday, February 9, 2012

a little intro

Okay, so I know that I am significantly tardy to the blogging about my cosmetology school experiences party (about six months behind, to be specific), but I am determined to actually force myself into the blogosphere and document the remaining five months properly.

But first, I thought I'd go ahead and answer the question I get most often from folks when I talk about what I do.

Why did you decide to do this?
Thought I'd go ahead and get the most complicated one out of the way first. When I was in seventh grade, we had to do career reports every six weeks on certain occupations for my career discovery class. After a hairdresser came to visit our class (and tell us which side our part should be on, which in hindsight I find slightly strange...), I decided to do mine that go'round on cosmetologists. It was through my thorough research (and yes, I did thoroughly research things back in the day. I didn't say I was nerdy in the blog description for nothing) on the profession that I decided it was what I wanted to do when I got old.
However, in the following years, I convinced myself that I was far too intelligent to limit myself to such an easy career path. I had to be a doctor or a lawyer or an engineer or something that was actually worthwhile for such smarty pants'es as I.
Fast forward five years and you'll find me smack dab in the middle of my senior year and yet another panic attack centered around the fact that I have no idea what I want to do after high school. Once I realized that I didn't actually like journalism enough to do it for a living like I'd planned during my junior year, I didn't have a clue what I was going to do.
Enter a lot of stress and a lot of prayer, and I finally came back to the same dream that little seventh grade Bre had: to be a hairstylist.
Now you might think that since I absolutely felt that this is the path God was leading me on, everyone else was totally supportive, right?
Wrong.
I've actually never had to work harder in my life to convince those around me that I knew what I was doing.
But eventually people came around I was off to Northwest to enroll in the cosmetology program.
...where, as I've said, I've been for the past six months. Yeeeah, sorry 'bout that.
But there's nothing like a new year to bring in a fresh start! Except it's February, so I'm behind on that too. Crap. I suck at this.

Here's to being better in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment