Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm not slacking, I swear.

There's just been a lack of interesting things to talk about as of late.

However, I did get in trouble yesterday because I jokingly called my friend Kyree a redneck.
This was literally the conversation:
Me: Kyree, I've been meaning to make fun of you for your redneck Nascar jacket, but I keep forgetting.
Kyree: It's in style! What's redneck about it?
Me: Rednecks like Nascar, goofy.
(mind you, we were both laughing, and Kyree knew I was just messing with her)
Mrs. Newsom: Don't say that, Breonna.
Me: -pause in which I genuinely tried to think of what I had said- Don't say what?
Mrs. Newsom: Redneck. That's offensive.

Sigh.

My teacher hates me. Or not just me, she hates all of us. It's just that I am a notorious teacher's pet, so the feeling of anyone in authority not basking in the glow of my good kid-ness (jokes) is new to me.

I literally had girls from class coming up to me, asking how that was considered offensive. Your guess is as good as mine, guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment